Langham Hotels International Online Privacy Statement
Melba Restaurant is part of The Langham Hotels International Limited, (hereinafter referred to as either "we" or "us" or "our" or "Langham") respect the privacy of all its customers and business partners, and treats personal information (personal data) provided by you as confidential. We know that you are concerned how information about you is collected, used and stored, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so with every due care and diligence in accordance with all the relevant laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
We have provided this Privacy Statement as an explanation of the information we collect, how we use it, and how the use of this information can benefit your experience on our web sites. Please take a moment to read the sections below.
Following is a list of the trademarks / brand names under Langham and their associated websites covered in this document:
- The Langham
- Langham Place
- Eaton Hotel
- 88 Xintiandi
- Eaton House
- Chuan Spa
Types of information we collect:
We may request information in several areas of our website, including but not limited to, when you:
- use our Online Reservations, newsletter subscription and brochure request;
- submit enquiries and feedback forms;
- response to different types of communications (e.g. Surveys, promotional offers, or reservation confirmations).
- submit a job application
We endeavor to collect information strictly in accordance with this Privacy Statement. The types of personally identifiable information (hereinafter collectively referred to as either "the Data" or "personal data") that we collect may include but not be limited to:
- Personal Identification Data, e.g. the Hong Kong Identity Card Number
- E-mail address
- Telephone Number
- Fax Number
- Credit card information including name of cardholder, credit card number, credit card
billing address and expiry date
- Lifestyle information such as room preferences, leisure activities, names and ages of children, and other information necessary to fulfill special requests
- Any other relevant information for any of the purposes as mentioned herein below
- We may also collect non-personally identifiable information about you, such as your use of our websites, communication preferences, travel habits, aggregated data relative to your stays, and responses to promotional offers and surveys.
Purpose For Collection, Processing, and Disclosure:
The Data you provided may be collected and used by members of the Langham Hospitality Group companies for one or more of the following purposes:
- Providing services such as processing a transaction (e.g. making a reservation, fulfilling a request for information, or completing a product order):
- For marketing purposes, such as sending you updates on our latest promotions, including joint- and cross promotions with our business partners;
- Performing market research via surveys to better serve your needs, improve the effectiveness of our website, your hotel experience, our various types of communications advertising campaigns, and/or promotional activities:
- For identification and verification purposes;
- When required or authorized by or under any law or any court order or any law enforcement agent or authority or any other government authority organisation or body to disclose the information:
- Disclosing any of the Data to any third party either in Hong Kong or overseas if the disclosure is necessary for or directly related to any of the above purposes; and
- or any other purpose, which is either necessary for or directly related to any of the above purposes.
Langham safeguards the privacy and security of personal data of every visitor, user and booker to our website.
To maintain the accuracy of the Data, as well as preventing from unauthorized access and ensuring the correct use of the Data, we have carried out appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure the Data we collect online.
The website has a firewall in place, which is devised and set up to protect the Data collected from you against unauthorized or accidental access. However, complete confidentiality and security is not yet possible over the Internet, and privacy cannot be assured in your communications to us. You acknowledge that personal information is disclosed at your own risk, and may be subject to unauthorized use by others. This may result in you receiving unsolicited messages from other parties. We are not responsible in any manner for direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage, howsoever caused arising out of the communication of information to us.
To enhance your experience on our web site, some of our web pages may use "cookies." Cookies are text files that we place in your computer's browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or other personally-identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering for one of our services. However, once you choose to furnish the site with your personally-identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
Links to Other Sites
In order to anticipate your needs, Langham provides links to other web sites for your convenience and information. Langham is not responsible or liable for any content presented by or contained on any independent web site, including, but not limited to, any advertising claims or marketing practices. Please note that while Langham will protect your information on Langham owned and operated web sites, we cannot control and will not be responsible for the privacy policies of third party web sites, including web sites owned or controlled by independent franchisees, third party owners of hotel, resort, interval ownership, or residence properties that may use the name of a Langham brand, or web sites not controlled or authorized by Langham. Third party web sites that are accessed through links on our web sites have separate privacy and data collection practices, and security measures. We have no responsibility or liability for the practices, policies and security measures implemented by third parties on their web sites. For the sake of protecting your personal data, we strongly recommend you to contact them to ask questions about their privacy practices, policies and security measures before disclosing any personally identifiable information. We also strongly recommend that you review the privacy statements and policies of linked web sites to understand how those web sites collect, use and store information.
You always have ultimate choice on the information you would like to receive from us. We will occasionally send you E-mail updates about our latest products and services, as well as special offers to those who subscribe to such services. Should you decide not to receive any E-mail updates from us, feel free to unsubscribe to these services or please e-mail us to remove you from the subscription list. If you have any queries or comments concerning our privacy and security matters, please e-mail us.
You are entitled to (i) ascertain from us our policies and practices in relation to personal data; (ii) be informed by us of the kind of personal data of you held by us ; and (iii) be informed by us of the main purpose(s) for which your personal data are held by us or are used or are to be used by us.
Access to the Data
You are also entitled to :
- ascertain from us whether we hold any of your personal data;
- request access to your personal data, if any held by us -
- within a reasonable time,
- at a fee to be charged by us,
- in a reasonable manner, and
- in an intelligible form;
- be given reason(s) if your request in (b) above is refused by us;
- object to our refusal referred to in (c) above;
- request the correction of any of your personal data, if any held by us;
- be given reason(s) if your request in (e) above is refused by us; and
- object to our refusal referred to in (f) above.
In addition to our rights of disclosure as mentioned hereinabove, we may also disclose the Data when required by law or court order, or as requested by other government or law enforcement authorities, or in the good faith that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable including and without limitation to protect the rights or properties of Langham. This also applies when we have reason to believe that disclosing the Data is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing interference with our rights or properties, whether intentionally or otherwise, or when anyone else could be harmed by such activities.
The information and material contained in this site are for general references only. Langham disclaims any warranty or representation of any kind, express or implied, as to any matter whatsoever relating to this site or any linked site. To the fullest extent allowed by law, Langham shall accept no responsibility or liability in respect of any loss or damage howsoever arising.
Use of or visit this site does not constitute any binding contract over any goods and services provided by Langham, nor does it constitute an offer of any goods and services provided by Langham. Goods and services may only be available in certain countries and any offer to purchase goods or to retain services from Langham Hotels International are subject to acceptance by Langham and in accordance with specific terms and conditions on which they are offered.
Copyright and Trademark Notices
All contents of this website are: ©2011 Langham Hotels International Limited. 2701, Great Eagle Centre, 23 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong. All rights reserved. Langham Hospitality Group, Langham Hotels International and Langham Hotels' branded websites logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Langham Hotels International Limited. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Langham Hotels' branded websites may contain or reference trademarks, patents, copyrighted materials, trade secrets, technologies, products, processes or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of Langham Hotels and/or other parties. No license to or right in any such trademarks, patents, copyrighted materials, trade secrets, technologies, products, processes and other intellectual property or proprietary rights of Langham and/or other parties is granted to or conferred upon you.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
This Privacy Statement shall be governed and construed in all respects by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and any difference or dispute arising out of or in connection with this Privacy Statement in any respect shall be submitted to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts/Tribunals of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region for adjudication.
Amends or Updates to the Privacy Statement:
Langham reserves full rights to amend or update this Privacy Statement unilaterally from time to time as it sees fit or necessary to meet any change in any of the relevant laws or the regulatory environment, or business needs, or to satisfy the needs of our guests, properties, strategic marketing partners, and service providers or to meet any other purposes. Updated versions will be posted to our web site and date stamped so that you are always aware of when the Privacy Statement was last updated. The whole contents of this Privacy Statement will then be construed accordingly in conjunction with such amended or updated versions.